Full-time (Rotating 8 Hour Shift – Day, Afternoon, Midnight)
$32.95 per hour
Barrie, ON, CANADA
We are Ontario’s largest independent non-integrated corrugated packaging plant. We are focused on providing quality corrugated products, point of purchase displays, folding cartons, wood pallets and crates.
About the Role
We are an ever growing and ever changing company and currently seeking a highly motivated Industrial Millwright to drive a proactive plant maintenance culture and support the execution of maintenance and repair on mechanical equipment.
- Ensure that work is performed safely, to specifications, instructions, and using best work practices
- Ensure that the operating equipment is thoroughly inspected and perform preventative maintenance on a routine basis
- Ensure that all safety devices are in place and functional
- Apply technical skills to troubleshoot breakdowns and make the necessary repairs in a timely manner
- Interpret blueprints and plans, attend meetings and complete requisitions for parts and supplies
- Regularly communicate with shift supervisors and machine operators regarding the status of equipment
- Install, maintain, repair, service, troubleshoot/diagnose packaging related equipment
- Conduct preventative maintenance programs
- Perform equipment adjustments and changeovers as required
- Install, align, dismantle, and move stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment, such as pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, furnaces and generators according to layout plans using hand and power tools, and measuring devices
- Analyze equipment downtime, determine root cause and recommend countermeasures
- Work closely with production to resolve equipment issues
- Programmable logic controls, motors and controls, generators
- Maintain accurate records of all service, repair, and other work
Your Work Environment
- Work is in an industrial environment; depending on the area you work in, conditions may be hot, cold, dirty, dusty wet, or noisy
- Punctuality and attendance are extremely important to the success of the operations in general as well as contributing to an overall positive team environment
- This position requires you work overtime as needed
What You Bring to the Table
- Certified Millwright
- Corrugated Packaging experience as asset
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must provide tools for individual use
Job Skills and Knowledge
- A sound working knowledge of industry practices, codes and safety standards
- Project Management skills; desire to take responsibility for a project and see it through to completion
- The ability to respond quickly to process upsets
- Ability to perform basic machining
- Must have strong PLC background
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive, we are only able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
As one of Canada’s largest independent producer of Corrugated Packaging, Moore Packaging Corporation attracts, develops and retains leading professionals in our industry. Our 220+ talented employees work diligently to foster innovation and to develop quality relationships with our clients. We are always seeking talented people who are committed to a career in a culture of continuous improvement, dignity and respect.